Building regs and a new boiler

Hi

I have recently personally installed a replacement central heating oil boiler. I have discovered that I now need to get a certificate from the building control dept of the local authority. Apparently I will have to demonstrate that the installation and function of the new boiler conforms to statutory requirements. My question is will the building control carry out performance checks on the boiler or will I have to get a heating engineer to attend and carry out the checks for them or will they just take my word for it that it's OK?

Regards Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

This came up in the last two weeks, I believe. It is a new rule, since April, and I believe the upshot was that usually the local authority will take the word of a decent heating engineer, rather than insist on looking for themselves. I believe I may have posted the query myself on 06/09/05, so look back through the group or search via Google Groups on the internet.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy