bloody satellites

...is Archibald really your first personal...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

You are 30 years out of date.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Change the LNB

......is it as simple as a duff lnb

Yes

or coupled with the fact I am getting

That's AC leakage in the receiver. Normal.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I think if you study his posts, he states that the Voltage is sourced from the LNB.

If you take your statement to it's logical conclusion, perpetual motion is not going to be feasible on his trailer park.

I knew it was Daleks :-)

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

I had a magnetic lnb years ago in the early 90's it was great you could adjust the skew infinitely one way then the other...used a Robsat analog receiver and a prime focus dish.......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

ok

never seen that before.....but hay ho ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

drugs

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

BOTH receivers..?!?!!????

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

each being totally disconnected from power in turn ???????

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Understandable.

Come back when you're compos

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

ta ta...plonk

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I assumed I was when I said (and you snipped):

"When I was installing systems for friends and family there was a separate polariser but I'm guessing these things are all built into the LNB these days?"

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

But both being connected to the LNB at each time <shrug>?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Have you considered the possibility that a voltage originating in the receiver might be connected to the wrong place by a fault in the LNB?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

If a statement is obviously wrong there's no need to consider it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

They all do it except the early Amstrads. It's a tiny current. Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes. They all do it. Absolutely all of them except early Amstrads. If a system isn't earthed and it feeds a lot of sat boxes you can get a real shock off the dish.

You might be able to google something about the fact that you can feel the 50Hz if you move your finger across a painted cover. It only works when it's painted.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes. Disconnect both at once. If you still get a shock from the dish cable it's static on you, discharging to ground. Got new nylon carpets? I could tell you a story about a large TV shop where there was a major scare about earthing etc due to having new carpets. We fixed it with a plant sprayer filled with water. For a few days anyway!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It lasts for months if you add a few drops of fabric softener.

Reply to
dennis

<snip>

I'd say there is a big difference between a shock (single instance) and tingle (continuous situation)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m