Bit ot: home insurance

They're all the same. We tend to alternate between the company we had the mortgage with and another one, each time getting an on line quote. They're both good at paying out, We've only had a couple of small claims but good service.

For the cars we nearly always re insure with one company (the other one above) but not by renewing as it's too expensive. We always cancel and take out a new online policy as it's considerably cheaper. Again excellent service on the three claims we've had in nearly 20 years.

The kids insure elsewhere as they are too pricey for their agegroup.

Reply to
<me9

I don't disbelieve you, but when did you first think of it ? I have been making my offer for quite a while now.

Reply to
Fergus O'Rourke

That is possibly fair for some but definitely not for others

Reply to
Fergus O'Rourke

Which are the 'good' ones? My renewal is in 2 months' time.

BTW, Mon. at 20:00 on ITV there's a programme about insurance:

"Could your insurance policy be worthless? Fiona Foster investigates how some insurers are refusing to pay out for claims for non-disclosure of information. She meets people who have fallen foul of this and risk losing everything as a result.".

Reply to
PeterC

Sometime around when I first started insuring cars. IOW, about 34 years ago.

Mind you, the market may be big enough for several similar companies.

:o)

Reply to
Huge