Biscuit Jointers ...

Thanks Andy. It's not a 'straightforward' kitchen fit that I'm involved in here. I've been co-opted into the shop-fit of the missus's new business, to build the counter, after she received TTP quotes from the pros. Part of this counter is a large 90 degree curve that I will need to get out of two pieces of worktop. They will be held very firmly in place once fitted, by multiple screws coming up from the underside of the support frames that I am building. I want to biscuit join to establish the connection between the two sections, before the final fixing to the frame. It's an almost black worktop that's being used, so my thought is to run the router down both sides of the join to put a small chamfer on the laminate, and just down into the substrate. When the join is made, this will then leave a small V-groove, which I am intending filling flush with some of that worktop filler that comes in a tube. I've used it before, and it's very good.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

If you either got hold of a cheap worktop jig or for that matter just made a template to match the dog bone cutout as featured on a worktop jig, then you could use the proper worktop connectors[1] in routed pockets under the worktop to pull the join together. With the biscuits to align and edges routed dead flat, you will get a perfect join that way - much as you do with the jig cut corners etc.

[1]
John Rumm

If you just need it to cut the pockets for the connector bolts, rather then doing mason's mitres to join the tops, then a home-made jig is dead easy.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yup - tis kind of what I was trying to say - make a guide template for the dog bone bit on its own.

Reply to
John Rumm