Birth Pool Upstairs??

In message , Stephen Howard wrote

I believe you. However I'm not suggesting that the cost of drinking is only that incurred by the NHS.

Reply to
Alan

Yup, next on the list by the health fascists. Started already, 'units' of alcohol are now smaller so they can nag you about drinking less.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Using that logic, what about drinkers?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The alcohol industry has always campaigned for smoking in pubs because they think that anyone stupid to drink is also a smoker.

An ignorant a******e smoker will also be an ignorant a******e drinker.

Reply to
Alan

"stupid to drink"??? I think you meant "stupid enough to drink"?

So, latest shock horror anti smoking bollox "all smokers are problem drinkers".

Why not, its as scientific as the rest of the crap used. Dennis will no doubt have scientific evidence that its true, but refuse to tell us what it is.

What a very strange person you are.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman wrote

Your words not mine.

Reply to
Alan

I'm the OP, just thought I'd let you know that I gave birth to a baby girl on the evening of 7th October, 7lb 5oz, born at home as planned in the pool (..placed over the supporting wall). It was a trouble- free, stress-free event, my only regret is not having had home births with my older children. I could go on.. but I won't as this is now very OT :-) jb.

Reply to
n0tail

Congratulations - and now may the rest of the 'rearing' job be just as trouble free, and thanks for letting us know the outcome of this 'little issue'. :-)

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Congratulations! I'm so glad it all worked out as you wished it to.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Well done!

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm the OP, just thought I'd let you know that I gave birth to a baby girl on the evening of 7th October, 7lb 5oz, born at home as planned in the pool (..placed over the supporting wall). It was a trouble- free, stress-free event, my only regret is not having had home births with my older children. I could go on.. but I won't as this is now very OT :-)

Oh I don't know, it seems very DIY to me! It was well planned and the outcome brilliant so better than most!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com saying something like:

Well done. At least your waters didn't break all down the stairs.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Very glad for you!

My SO and I had planned for a home water birth for our first but inexperience and her very quick progression into labour turned it into a blue+2s into hospital, stirrups & forceps nightmare. Having the second at home in the pool was terrific (for all 3 of us: firstborn was sitting on the back of the sofa encouraging mum with the singing she'd learned in her birthing class! And then he went off to feed the guinea-pig before coming back in time to coddle new baby brother.)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Congrats :-) (We had 2/3 births at home, but not using a pool!)

Reply to
Mark