Big Knobs

The engineering of my front door has developed over the years. I have now got a standard yale latch, standard mortice, good and tight draught excluder strips on 3 sides and now a roller catch for convenience. This means that I have no need for turning door knob but every need for simple big knobs. Where can I get what looks like a door handle but is just a simple brass knob? All I've seen are too small. Present solution is a soldered up turny knob, but it is about to disintegrate!

TIA, Mike

Reply to
visionset

FYI, apparantly they are called 'centre knobs'

visionset

================================== Screwfix do a 3" one, but it might be a bit too fancy:

Cicero

Wood ones are easily DIYed to any size and profile. If yo dont have a lathe, a drill will do it, with grinding action from a gently wielded angle grinder or very coarse sandpaper. Can make whatever you likek then.

NT

Reply to
meow2222