bidet - which way to you face?

So your neighbours watch you using it?

Reply to
Bruce

but if you face the taps wioth the taps at th eback you have to take you trousers off!

I thought the original idea was to have the taps at the front and to sit with them between your knees. That way knickers/trousers can stay round the ankles .

Anyway they all seem to have taps at the back these days, although I'm not sure how much choice there is about which way the jet squirts.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

but if you face the taps wioth the taps at th eback you have to take you trousers off!

I thought the original idea was to have the taps at the front and to sit with them between your knees. That way knickers/trousers can stay round the ankles .

Anyway they all seem to have taps at the back these days, although I'm not sure how much choice there is about which way the jet squirts.

Robert

I always thought the point to a bidet, was to wash the intimate bits without having to splash water all over the room, like from a shower head, the bath / basin taps Etc. The bidets douche sprays a nice warm jet of water on the bits that need it most, and nothing else.

With the taps at the back, you can keep your trousers at your knees, not right down at your ankles. Trousers don't get caught on the taps when you sit down on it, when the taps are that way round.

Maybe you need a remote control unit on your bidet. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Don't people spit on their loo paper, then, or is it just me?

-- JGH

Reply to
jgharston

It's just you mate. It's just you. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

I wonder if that is the origin? It makes sense. Do you know or are you guessing?

Reply to
Peter Scott

One of my sisters has a house supplied with bidet. When I visited a few years ago it, the bidet, was covered in dust.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

So they are as useful as a sink in a gents urinal then:-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

or following a roll in the hay -

The Karacher is in my garage.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The French said "main de merde" for the same thing.

Reply to
PeterMcC

Wot BigWallop said

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Someone at my house once mistook

moistened tissue wipes. She screamed a bit.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember jgharston saying something like:

It's not me, for sure. Anyway, how do you avoid breakthrough with soggy paper?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Oh yah yah!!! A bidet would come in handy after that mistake. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Avoid long finger nails? :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

After a good hose up, you can have good hose down. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

You might have to show her how to use one. :-) Or at least explain the principal behind its use. I mean. lol

Reply to
BigWallop

It seems to be

is the web site of Michael Quinion, an authority on such things. If you have an interest in words its well worth signing up for his weekly digest. Saturday morning, 2 boiled eggs, world wide words - sorted.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Could be a lot worse !!!! Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yes, we ripped ours out after a visitor's young daughter used the 'girls toilet', leaving a surprisingly large deposit, which she tried to flush away by turning on the hot tap. We discovered her mistake shortly after when the downstairs ceiling collapsed. Plasterboard and hot water don't mix.

Reply to
Keith