Bi-fold door slider

Can anyone tell me where to get one of these please?

's for a bi-fold door, and it fits in the top edge of the door so it slides in a track screwed to the wardrobe. It just stops the door flapping about as all the weight is taken by the hinges.

Reply to
GB

I think you will find it easily, just take it to a hardware shop and show them. If English hardware shops are anything like Australian they will know. They are fairly common here.

Reply to
F Murtz

Fairly sure you wont be able to buy one off the self. Is it a new door? If so, ring the helpline on the destructions.

If not, go into B&Q or Wickes, steal instructions from package, ring helpline pretending its a new door :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I fear you are right :)

It's a very old door. At least we've been in the house 12 years and it was here when we arrived. I can't find anything similar on google images.

Reply to
GB

I found several US sites with them like this one.

would cost much to send.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

I meant wouldn't !!

Reply to
Andy Cap

One approach or just buy it and replace track and guide with the new ones.

Whats actually up with the old one? Is it just the roller worn out in the middle? Could just that be replaced rather than the whole assembly?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I don't think it could be replaced. The nylon roller is cracked, but it looks like it was place on the pin and then the end of the pin was pressed down to form a mushroom head.

Reply to
GB

Thanks. I'll contact them and see what they say about postage.

Reply to
GB