BG Smart Sockets - any good ?

Finally have 2 sockets connected up to my phone Neither connected using 'automatic set up' BG one had to use AP process .... initially turn off mobile data on phone and do a Wi-Fi connect to socket - after which it works on 2,4GHz on Hub

Unknown -

SmartLife, could not get it to set up with phone auto or Manual. Eventually manual set up on iPad worked ... form that point on, phone app detected it and worked OK.

I'll try some distance testing today to see which is most suited.

Reply to
rick

By coincidence Big Clive has just posted an autopsy of a BG socket / USB charger that "emitted sparks".

Reentrant