Best time for CH installation

Sorry guys, I know this is not a DIY question but I know there are some professionals that read this NG, and I hope they can advise me. I know it used to be the case that plumbers were always busy in the winter. My daughter wants to have her CH boiler replaced. She had planned to have it done in January, but I thought it might be better, and possibly cheaper, to have it done now when maybe business is slack. Many thanks in advance. Ed

Reply to
Ed Rear

Well if she wants to be without heating and possibly hotwater for a few days in the middle of winter it's up to her. I wouldn't, even down in the, positively tropical compared to here, south.

OK A boiler swap shouldn't take more than a day but is it just remove one fit another or is the location being moved, extra pipe runs, etc.

I'd still do it when you don't need space heating.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Had one done recently, on chatting to the plumber he said that he was, if anything busier in the Summer than Winter. His slackest time was the Christmas/New Year period, so if you can put up with it maybe if all plumbers are the same you could get a discount. :-)

Reply to
Broadback

"Ed Rear" wrote in news:GgWyc.36$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net:

I think if your daughter is planning to renew heating in midwinter when she could have it done in midsummer she hasn't got both oars in the water.

If it can't be done this summer can't it srtuggle on till next?

I'd not thought about why plumbers are just as busy in the summer, but it's pretty obvious

mike

Reply to
mike ring