Best place to buy sand and shavings ?

In Timbuktu or Shetland?

Reply to
Peter Crosland

It would be terribly helpful if you told us where you live !!!

Reply to
Icky

Well, I was thinking about some generic nationwide company but I live in South Wales.

Reply to
Paul W

Two Tonne Sand - builders merchant,m one neer your house Wood Shavings - a Timber yard, that has its own plane, however these days may yards load the dust/shavings into containers and sell them

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

A nationwide company that will sell two tonne of sand - Wickes/B&Q.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Just trying to imagine 2 tons of wood shavings by volume. Quite a size I would think ? PC

Reply to
Pool Champ

Maybe he means scalpings or road scrapings.

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

They compress them to get them into the bags - but yes still too much to get in a mini copper.

Just thought, you might get them from a company that sells horse supplies .......

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper