Bent Yale key

The keys to our backdoor bend. One key is on a plastic fob and might end up in my back pocket if I go out. The other my wife uses on a key ring. They are all new in the last couple of years as the ones the previous owner left were ... bent.

The lock mechanism, PVC door, seems freely moving, and the door handle is used to open/close the door.

Yuri Geller does not live nearby to the best of my knowledge.

So what's going on. I'm retired and don't remember this problem ever arising before.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Do you leave the key in the lock and when you open the door it knocks against a wall/ unit or something? Each time gradually bending it....

Reply to
leenowell

The door handle will hit any wall first, the lock is directly into the door not the handle.

Reply to
AnthonyL

that can happen with aluminium keys. I don't know how much stiffer anodising would make them.

In the less likely event that they're brass, they're either getting abused or less likely the profile is overly thin. Putting them in a back pocket & sitting on them isn't going to help!

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well, Maybe he has died or something?

How easy are they to bend? Obviously don't do this with both.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff