Belle Minimix 150 - Does it have turning drum?

Hello, can someone tell me or does it have turning blades inside while the drum stuck in the same place?

Tia.

Reply to
SnikkerJensen

I think all the small Belle mixers have turning drums with blades fixed to the drum - certainly that's that way mine is.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Turning drum, blades welded to inside of drum. Hired one last year to pour about 3 tonnes of concrete into foundation pads. IMO very much better than "diy level" mixers and well worth the money (or rental).

Reply to
dom

At what point is it interesting to do that vs. getting one of the beats as it sweeps as it cleans trucks to attend?

Reply to
Andy Hall

That I can't answer. I had to pour 8 foundation pads within an existing building, plus 2 constructional hearths - wheelbarrowing the concrete into place. A truck beeping it's horn and the driver pacing up and down would not have been conducive to producing high quality results in my case.

Reply to
dom

So in reality how many mixes to the cu metre do you reckon? In theory being a 90 litre tub it should be 11, but I reckon you don't really get 90 litres every time.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Check out their website

I was probably mixing not far short of that. In practice I used a bucket (cement) and a rubble trug (ballast) as gauges - and what mattered was 1 trug = 2 buckets, and to chuck in 2.5 trugs and 1 bucket to make 5:1 foundation mix.

A comfortable rhythm of gauging, mixing, barrowing, pouring and pokering was more important to me than getting the largest volume in the mixer.

(btw I recommend Lafarge's concrete application guide

dom

Which is?

Your post is no more informative than telling them to Google for it. Why bother?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

but yuck, their web site thinks it's oh-so-clever with more nested levels of frames and tables than Dante's infermo, makes bookmarking difficult, but this gets you closer

Andy Burns

I agree - stops you linking straight to the pdf you want. The General concrete applications guide isn't in the list from your link though.

Reply to
dom