Being stupid - how do I take the top off

I have just bought some Wudcare PU glue - see

I cannot for the life of me work out how to take the top off. I don't want to cut it as I want to be able to re-close it once I have used some of it. Does anyone know the answer.

many thanks

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

It's not one of the twisty turny opening things like on frenchs mustard?

Reply to
mogga

Surely if there is no real "lid" then you cut the end of the nozzle off and shove a nail in the hole when done?

Reply to
nobody

Well the whole cap looks as if it will unscrew. B-)

I'd expect to cut the tip off the spike for more controlled application but how you seal it again afterwards I don't know.

This is one of those expanding/foaming polyurethane glues, maybe it doesn't need a cap as it's self-sealing and the expansion/foaming/cure doesn't extend very far. I don't know I've never used one of these glues.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Angle grinder.

Reply to
Phil

Maybe similar to Titebond PU ?

and rotate slightly, the cap then pulls off

The nozzle that you then expose is the bit that requires cutting

Clean off any residue before refitting the cap

Then seal with some insulation tape to reduce any moisture ingress

Reply to
The Other Mike

On Dec 10, 10:32=A0am, "Dave Liquorice" wrote: .

The cap doesn't unscrew it just turns loosely. Maybe it pulls off.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I recently bought a similar looking container of poly glue, although a different make. I used a pair of pliers to pull off the lid. I then cut the nozzle as usual and pushed the lid back on (it clicked shut). Seems to work ok but needs the pliers every time I need to pull it off.

Reply to
Howard Neil

It just pulls off. Pretty stiff the first few times.

andrew

If its expanding polyurethane forget about trying to keep it once opened. IME once opened they quickly go off which is why I now longer use them much and if I do I buy the small bottle and bin it when finished.

Don't forget the disposable gloves as it is impossible to remove any residue from you hands, which residue quickly goes black and makes it look like you haven't washed your hands in yonks.

Actually I found that a session of weeding in the vegetable garden removed it fairly quickly.

Reply to
fred

The top part of the cone is the cap - it pulls off but may require quite a bit of pulling to get it off. Underneath it is the nozzle that you cut to size. Of course if some blighter has nicked the cap you're a bit stuffed. Enlarge the image in the link that you gave, the distinction between cap and nozzle is obvious.

Reply to
Steve Firth