Been doing a bit of plastering at 5 in the morning.

Dunno why I woke up that early like?

Anyway one of the bathroom walls needed plastering before tiling and it was unsound in some places it being very old victorian plaster(crumbly stuff) so I wasn't in the mood for hacking it all off yesterday so hit on the idea of drilling random holes in the old plaster down to the brick with an well used scarat cutter that was near blunt,in these holes I slapped some dry wall adhesive and sized it all over to make a bond for the new plaster.

This has worked pretty well and I know I could of hacked off the old plaster that seemingly was in unsound areas but that meant a lot of mess and dust and filling in bigger holes that might of occured and possibly big pieces falling off the wall.

Is this a good tip?

Your ever loving George

Reply to
George

My late uncle used to simply use lining paper...in fact I seem to recall even newspaper soaked in wallpaper paste..and then hand applied plaster 'looks pretty authentic doesn't it'

He WAS an artist...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Pardon?

Reply to
George

Don't think so. I don't believe it would have been any more difficult to do the job properly. If you wanted to repair blown plaster without replastering, the method for doing that is in the FAQ, and even less messy than yours. As to how long your repair lasts for, let us know in a few years time if the skim coat fixed in a few places to adhesive has managed to hold the weight of the blown scratch coat behind and the weight of the tiles. Good luck.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I don't think that's quite the same as having artistic tendencies.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Granted.