Bed Fastners

Where can I buy some fasteners for building a bed frame?, needs to join side rails to bed-ends. I know someone asked recently but I can't find the post, and I didn't write the number down - doh! As I recall it was a guy in Hull who was supplying some, which would be great as that's where I am.

Cheers all,

Lee

Reply to
Nibbles

Screwfix sell them

Reply to
mrcheerful

Fasteners? A mortise and half tenon with each rail using the other half of the tenon.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

for bed and it will list 4 types made esp. for the job. Plus you will find there the bolt and through dowel etc and just about any other fitting ever made should be something there to do the job

Steve

Reply to
steve

many options. metal threaded dowels are common. Traditional wood joints are found too. A block of wood, square triangular or nicely shaped, attached to both woods under where they meet works too. So do plastic chipboard joining blocks, strong 1.5" metal brackets, etc etc etc. What do you want?

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Cheers all for replies, using mortice and tennons is an option, but it's just a cheap quick as ya can, pine bed for a friend to go in a flat! Like I said, I there's a guy in hull who I used to get my KD bed fittings from, but I lost touch with him. But will look at the offerings suggested by you all though, thanks again.

Lee

Reply to
Nibbles

If its quick you want, the 1.5" metal brackets with 5 holes in each arm would be my number 1 choice. Screwfix.com do them. Theyre very strong and solid too.

If its instant and rock bottom cheap you want, you should have a few bits of wood to hand that will serve instead.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton