BBC double entendres

Glasgow City Council has decided that lap-dancing clubs are dodgy, and should be regulated.

How unfortunate that the BBC has seen fit to inform us that the authorities are to 'crack down' upon these clubs.

OK, I'll get my coat, shall I?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Well, it's got to be better than the classic headline "judges to act on indecent shows"!

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

What do you expect from Glasgow Council. They used to even ban private strip clubs whereas in far more respectible Edinburgh you had places like Jesse's Bar in the Grassmarket where you walked in off the street and watched for the price of a (very good) pint.

Reply to
G&M

I couldn't believe the double entendre used on Ch4's programme "That I'll teach them" [1] tonight, talking about brick laying the narrator said -

"in the exam in four weeks time the boys must build a small erection but the teacher (name was mentioned) has his hands full motivating this inept bunch of skivers"....

Surely the programme makers must have realised ?!

[1] a programme about present day school kids placed into a typical 1960' secondary modern school for four weeks whilst having typical lessons and exams from that era. They also live and breath the '60 school rules and discipline whilst boarding.
Reply to
:::Jerry::::

The difference a religion make I suspect....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I thought it was Edinbugh that had the stricter one.

Reply to
G&M

In message , Paper2002AD writes

Mind you this was good as well

raden

Then there was Lord Baden Powell's book, unfortunately entitled 'Scouting for Boys'

Reply to
Paper2002AD

is a different country down there.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I wonder what blockhead at the BBC let *that* one through?

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

But, judging by the previous series (the one about 1950's grammar schooling) they do have effective punishments available, and are not afraid to hand them out. Also remember that in last nights programme the kids were only into their first or second day so a certain amount of back-chat has to be expected from kids who might never have had any real discipline before.

BTW, the 'teacher' doing the brick-laying class reminded me of my metal work master on his first day as a teacher (having come out of industry to teach) - bloody nervous !

Phew, just about kept it on topic...

Worse I would say, 16 year old kids back then would have at least known were Scotland is, which side of the country Bristol is (even if not it's exact location) etc. The girl who lived in London had to thing if London has a river running through it for gawd sake. No need to say any more.... :~(

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I thought it was interesting - but felt that the one thing that changed it from my experience of school in the 60s was the lack of corporal punishment (I know it's now illegal). I some ways the program seemed like a recipie with one vital ingredient missing. No-one at my school would have dared to talk to the teachers like those kids last night did - and a visit to the headmaster meant only one thing.

Whether thing are better or worse now though - I really don't know.

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

authorities are

Was watching a British rowing team on the Olympics on BBC.

Four male rowers were being interviewed. They were wareing skin tight shorts and in profile you were left in no doubt that they were male.

Then came the caption:

Coxless Fours

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

Judging by what I have read about Baden Powell, in different biographies, he was exceptionally good at this.

Reply to
robert

Reminds me of a recording of an Irish radio show I heard many years ago, and was itself an old recording at the time (there was a young Terry Wogan present, although not taking part in the exchange at that moment)...

Interviewer: And what do you think of Olivia Newton-John?

Interviewee: Oh, wonderful legs, truely wonderful legs.

Interviewer: And legs apart, what do you think of her?

It took perhaps just a second for all those present in the studio to realise what the interviewer just said, followed by perhaps another few seconds of trying to continue the show, before they all collapsed into hysterics -- it was a live show.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

ROFL ROFLOL ROFPML ROFLMAO ROFLOLBAG

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

In message , nightjar writes

Made oi larf

Reply to
raden

You rotten so-and-so.... that's another new keyboard. :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall