BBC 4 replay not working

Trying to listen to the Richard Dawkins series on 'The Age of the Genome' which is available for replay on the BBC Radio 4 website. I saw it needed Flash installed (to my Windows XP 32-bit MSIE), so I did that. It still does not work. When I click the 'Listen Now' prompt, nothing whatever happens.

Can anyone throw any light ?

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Flash is crap?

Try firefox

It works for me anyway.

On Linux :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Works for me using Firefox 3.6.28 and on Internet Explorer 6 - using Windows XP Home SP3.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Holy shit. Firefox is release 15 now..:-) Beta to 18..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

TNP,

Quite happy with the older versions (including Office 97 Pro [1]) - especially as they work as I want them too.

I 'upgraded' to Windows 7 [2], when it first came out (bought Home Premium versions for £80 from PC World for two computers) along with Office XP etc just to be modern (and keep No1 son from nagging me - and took the lot off and reverted back to my old systems after a fortnight). All the new stuff now seems to be rather bloated and reliant on too many ribbons, needless bells and whistles and mouse clicking to make them 'work' - and the last time I tried Linux, I spent more time trying to get peripherals to work than using the bloody OS and finally ditched it. Admittedly that was way back around 2000/2002 and messing with it as part of a college project.

That's the trouble with being a bloody old fogey - you get used to the easy life - such as DOS, Windows 3, 95, 98, NT and 2000 (I still occasionally use

95 and 98). [1] Went back to college for around five years just before and after I retired, and managed to pick up a few qualifications in the use of both software and hardware - along with the knack of where to hit the bloody computer with a big 'ammer when all else fails :-) [2] I didn't bother partaking in the 'joyful' experiences of Windows ME and Vista.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

I think you need a fairly recent version of flash, but apart from that sometimes it may say its there, but its not till the next day. However if its definitely there, then I have no answer. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Note that both use flash built add ins, its jst that firefox often installs it silently.]

Indeed in some cases Flash in firefox does not function completely without the IE patch active x installed as well as some of the routines are needed for the control buttons to work correctly in firefox. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Only episode four is available, but that one works for me.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

I use 'get_iplayer' instead.