Baxi Boiler shutting down

We have a winner!

Replaced the gas valve this evening and so far everything is working normally again!

Sincere thanks to everyone that contributed ideas, particulary Set Square.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Excellent!

Since, in order to fit the new valve, you had to remake the gas connections, I trust that you did a leak test when it it was back together?

If not, do it now! You can get an aerosol of foamy stuff from a plumbers merchant which you spray onto all gas connections. If there's even the slightest leak, you'll see bubbles.

Reply to
Set Square

connections,

Is there anything wrong with watered down washing up liquid and a brush?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

I don't know! Earlier this year we had our gas main - and the pipe into the house - renewed, as part of Transco's gas main renewal programme. When it was all done, they sent in a gas fitter to make sure that everything worked. He disconnected the boiler to bleed the feed pipe, and then checked the joint once he had re-connected it. To do this, he had some liquid in one of the sort of plastic cannisters we might use for spraying the roses! He swore blind that this was some special substance approved by BG/Transco - and that anything else might prove to be corrosive.

I'm still nor sure whether he was "for real" - or whether it was actually Fairy Liquid!

Reply to
Set Square

Detergent is supposed to be loaded with chlorides which do corrode whereas the "approved" liquids aren't and don't

Reply to
John

Could wipe it down afterwards I suppose.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

No-one seems to mind having flux dribbling down the insides of gas pipes...

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

Well actually they do but don't let me spoil your idea.

Reply to
John

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION I GOT ABOUT THE BAXI WM51/3RS CENTRAL HEATING BOILER. ALTHOUGH I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS EXCELLENT :D BOILER (WHICH WAS INSTALLED IN 1986) IT IS NOW GETTING ON A BIT, AND THE INFO. I GOT FROM DIYPROJECTS.INFO WILL BE HELPFUL AND IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. SO MANY THANKS TO ALL. DAVID MORTON

Reply to
mighty 1

In message , mighty 1 writes

So the muppets who read diyprojects can't even find the caps lock key

-LHS near the bottom sunshine

Tosser

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

raden