Baxi 50HE Plus Boiler

Can anyone advise me on a problem I am having with the said boiler as
the reset button keeps coming on after short periods. I have check the
obvious i.e. a blockage in the condensing pipe. I have read that the
Baxi Combi boiler have experienced a similar fault which was traced to a
broken rubber seal, but I am not sure if this could be the same type
fault with the model I have, which is not Combi. Gas Engineers are
reluctant to pursue this possibility. Has anyone experienced this same
fault. Hoping you can help
Albatross
Reply to
Albatross
Yes, I have a Manual, but there is nothing in the trouble shooting section. When I referred to the reset button keeps coming on, it is actually, the "lockout" red light appears and the only way to resolve it is to press the reset button. Unfortunately, the lockout keeps coming on several time per day. What I am trying to establish is why it keeps happening. The gas engineers appear to be scratching their heads on this one.
Reply to
Albatross
Is this a new installation, and has it *ever* worked properly?
A common cause of lockout is overheating due to the residual heat not being carried away after the boiler stops firing. Does this boiler require pump over-run? If so, has the pump been wired correctly, so as to be controlled by the boiler? Does the water *always* have somewhere to go? [If it's an S-Plan system, or Y-Plan with TRVs on virtually all radiators, it probably needs a by-pass circuit. Is there one and, if so, is the by-pass valve correctly adjusted?]
Reply to
Roger Mills
Do you mean the lockout light comes on? If so is it steady or flashing?
(most Baxi installation manuals have fault finding flow charts in them)
Reply to
John Rumm
No idea if they are comparable, but I have placed a installation manual for a 100 HE here:
100 HE.pdf
If that looks like it might be a more powerful version of your boiler, the same fault finding charts on page 36 onward may help.
Reply to
John Rumm
Make sure your news reader is not breaking the link at the space. If needs be try this:
Reply to
John Rumm

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in