Bathstore - bowed shower door, "poo-sticking" pans, no replies - Aternative supplier sought

Dear all I seem to remember - but cannot find it on searching - suggestions of manufacturer/suppliers that sold the identical products that Bathstore "market" their products to the uninitiated and wondered if any of you kind souls could direct me to a supplier/ wholesaler (who sells to the public as well) that can supply the same products as Bathstore - preferably at a cheaper price. I need to replace a shower door (560 x

1900 on the shower tray that has a footprint of 1200 long by 700 odd wide) which is bowed. This is itself a "replacement" of a previously bowed one (2mm out so it cannot close water tight to the closing seal) and they are refusing to replace it again on the grounds that " we sell thousands of these and never have any complaints and you appear to be the only one and the chances of getting two bowed supplied to only you are so astronomical as to be 'unlikely' ". The keep passing it to a technical department which takes ages and I have had enought. The sales manager had problems understanding the simplest of mechanical concepts and so it appears I am going to have to get my own replacement and take them to Court. Trouble is SWIMBO bought them in Edinburg, not realising they are a francisee, and will not deal with our local Bathstore in Bangor! So that means mugging up on the equivalent of the small Claims Court in Scotland but sure as hell I shall. Additionally, I read with interest the pan and s**te sticking saga as all three of the pans they supplies suffer from eactly the same problem. Solid well formed products just about slip down without a mark but unless you produce a rock hard sample it will stick! So... perhaps I will look for replacing all the pans and cisterns not to mentions re-tiling to fit the new loos! Yours deep in it Chris
Reply to
mail

A small point. There is no such thing as a "Small Claims court". You can, if you feel you have failed to receive goods or services to a value not exceeding £5000, issue a small claim in the county court. This can be done on line (at least in England) and costs £60 (paid by the defendant if they lose). I was recently successful in doing this (the defendant offered 60% of what I asked for (plus the £60) to settle early and I accepted). It is done at:

may be able to ask via here about the situation in Scotland.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Claim limited to £750, and fee £38 IIRC (used it a couple of years ago).

Reply to
JoeJoe

wrote

snip.........

I replied originally to the thread on poor pan performance, but would add another rider! I specifically looked for a pan with a vertical inside back face for just this reason. What I should also have done is asked for a pan that had been specifically flush tested for cleaning coverage. Believe it or not, there is no requirement for a pan to clean the bowl all the way round. Instead there is an allowable unclean area - can't remember the regs/link but the whole idea stinks both literally and figuretively (and flies in the face of any hygiene ideals IMHO). Recommend that as well as checking the internal geometry, you ask for a "self cleaning pan". That appeared to be the terminology used by Ideal Standard to describe what many modern pans seem unable to achieve by design!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

it's over IIRC £750 then Summary Cause

Owain

Thanks for this chaps and particularly OWAIN and Bob Mannix - Hopefully I will no now need to go to Court as they have made a sensible start of an offer for compensation but will not replace the bowed screen. I am inclined to accept the offer and try to find a screen that is safe.

Chris

Reply to
mail

This really does bring a whole new meaning to the game of Poohsticks.

Reply to
Andy Hall