Bathroom mirrors

Fit a demisting pad behind the mirror.

Reply to
ARW

I have seen a mirror screwed in for years.

Reply to
ARW

I have snaked a 10mm microbore pipe behind. It's tapped off, and further on, rejoins the shower hot feed. The rest of the room hasn't been finished yet so it's not been tested, but I thought it was a good idea - the mirror heating is on when the shower is on. (There's no bath in that room.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Do let me know if it works.

Reply to
ARW

Too late and it is full length. Remains to be seen if this is much of an issue.

Enclosed shower but conventional bath. Maybe the Building Control extract fan will do the job:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Don't forget the plastic inserts that stop the metal screws from digging into the glass. I've found that its best to glue these in before attempting to install the mirror or else they push out of the hole in the mirror whilst installing and you can end up with metal on glass whilst screwing in the fixing.

Alternatively much less hassle to buy a mirror with a frame and screw the frame to the wall using a metal french cleat arrangement

Reply to
alan_m

Paint the led using a permanent black marker pen. This tones down the brightness.

I've done this with on under the TV set TOP boxes where the various indicators will burn out your eyeballs if you look at them directly.

Reply to
alan_m

Like one of those convex "blind driveway" mirrors?

Reply to
Jim K..

I reckon GB will have to lift his paunch out of the way first.... ;-)

Reply to
Jim K..