Bathroom light fitting bizarritude.

there may be two neutral wires to one terminal of the lampholder. You might also find a 3rd terminal, not connected to the lamp, which serves as the live loop-in terminal (as top LH in your cited diagram).

To be expected. None of this is at all bizarre, it's all quite normal... honest.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Always make damn sure the third terminal is isolated and is not in fact an earth terminal connected to a metalic liner in the plastic baynet holder body. I have both types in my spares box. I even found one case of a 3-terminal baynet lampholder where the third terminal was labelled "loop" in the plastic molding, but was connected to the metalic liner.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
[Battenholders]

Ooh - I've never come across a battenholder where the third terminal was other than for loop-in. Usually there's a separate earth terminal in the pattress/base. Thanks for that warning.

Reply to
Andy Wade

't think so.

Looks like:

the batten holders it doesn't have nice sensible terminal blocks. Instead it's had two wires jammed into each of the terminals of the actual bulbholder bit.

Reply to
Mary Pegg