Bathroom FCU's

I'm re-doing my bathroom which has only the bare walls at the moment. Its not a very big bathroom - 4 sq m. Previously it did not have any electrics apart from the ceiling light. I am putting in an extractor fan - off the lighting circuit. I'm also putting in a thermostatic shower and underfloor heating. Both of these are to be wired to a new circuit in the CU.

My question is regarding the location of the FCU's. Now if I were to be a good sparkie then I'd put 3 FCU's for the above. Question is where do I put them?! On the wall outside the bathroom I've got the light switch for the bathroom next which is the control switch for the underfloor heating. If I were to put 2/3 FCU's near them it would look a mess. I dont want this wall, which is in the landing, too look like the distribution point for the national grid. Any ideas?

Regards Tipu

Best wishes for Xmas & New Year.

Reply to
Tipu Sattar

Use a grid switch system - you make the switch panel how you want it layout wise. Screwfix do them - or any decent electrical wholesaler. Basically, they can be made up of any type of switch, fuse, neon etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I looked at these in a very large B&Q and whereas they had every type of switch/dimmer you'd want, they didn't seem to have a fused connection unit in the range.

Reply to
BillR

You use a 20amp DP switch and a fuse unit to make one up.

Reply to
Dave Plowman