Megaflow system

Hi,

I have two questions I hope people can help with. I have a pressurised heating / hot water system consisting of glowworm boiler unit and megaflow pressurised tank upstairs.

1) I remember that some time ago an engineer explained to me that once ever year or so I need to release some air by opening a valve on the megaflow tank upstairs but I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone tell me how to undertake this ?

2) Our boiler is below our bedroom, in the garage. Every morning when the system comes there is a lot of noise through the floor from (I think) the circulating water through the system. We tried replacing the pump, which didn't make a great deal of difference. The noise is really pretty loud and it sounds like there is water in it. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this ?

Thanks and best regards

Leon

Reply to
Leon

1) Shut off cold water inlet, open HW tap on bath (say), open pressure vent valve (about 1/3 down the side) 'til water stops coming out of it or the bath tap. Close valve and tap and open cold supply. This _renews_ the air bubble in the tank. Instructions may well be fixed to tank. The fact that Megaflows (cf Santon, Telford, Albion) need this procedure puts me off them together with the unnecessary extra £100-200 price margin. 2) Read the SealedCH FAQ below and then get the air out of the system - it might be the problem especially if there were no problem originally.
Reply to
Ed Sirett