bathroom extractor too powerful ?

Is this likely to be too powerful for a bathroom around 2m x 2m x 2.5m in size ? Will be venting through approx 4-5m of ducting in loft and out of flapped vent in gable end.

sm_jamieson

of ducting. It works just fine. My room is somewhat smaller, but I suspect it could service one your size.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Do you know if the timer on the 160T version can be set to "off". Not sure if I want run-on or not at present, and if eventually connected to humidistat, run-on would be a pain. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

You might like to have a look at Vent-Axia products which are incidentally made in Britain. I replaced my puny 45cm/min with one of their ceiling products and it moves 240 cm/hour. My bathroom is same size as yours. Size is about 8" x 10". Noisier than the puny one but BOY does it do the job.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jay Arr

Shurely shome mishtake?

45 cubic metres per minute is 2,700 cubic metres per hour, which means your 'puny' fan outrates your other fan by more than a factor of 10.

Even if you meant (unlikely, I know) that it moves 45 centimetres per hour, the same applies. It will have moved 27 metres in one hour (next door, and then some) while the other one has moved only 2.4 metres - just about into the next room.

Sid

Reply to
unopened

You can do this with most run-on fans. Just run the switched live to the permanent live as well and there will be no power to run-on.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The message from snipped-for-privacy@mail.com contains these words:

I reckon you'd have trouble opening the door with a draught like that!

Reply to
Guy King

Yep ... I reckon I got my decilitres mixed up with my nanodoobries. In layman's terms, the Vent-Axia will rip a string vest off a tall Cherokee...

Jim

Reply to
Jay Arr

The message from "Jay Arr" contains these words:

You're not the only one. Someone on our local FreeCycle was offering a DG window. First she reckoned it was 100mx120m. When I pointed out this was rather large she sheepishly changed it. To 100mmx120mm. Eventually she gave up and said 3'4 x 4'.

Reply to
Guy King