bath tape spacing

I'm looking to replace a pair of taps on an on old 1980's bath (and before any one asks i don?t want to replace the bath). I am interested in a single tap with hot and cold being delivered via the existing holes. (Where the current single taps are). All the web sites just keep saying the taps will fit any "standing bath" my question is how far apart should the holes for the tapes be, and have the standards changed since the 1980s?

Thanks

Reply to
no.spam

I put a modern tap into a bath that was made in the 1930s recently, the spacing was the same!!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Have a look at

they give some good PDF diagrams on tap spacings. I've just measured my 1981 kitchen mixer taps at

180mm. and I think PlumbWorld quotes 181mm.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410