bath panels

Hello,
I have replaced our bath. Are baths supposed to reach a certain height? I put the feet on as described in the instructions. I assumed that this would lift the bath to the required height but the bath stands about 40-something centimetres from the floor and the bath panel is fifty-something centimetres!
If the bath requires lifting, why not supply it with longer feet?
Are all bath panels the same size? This is a plastic one but I can't see a convenient place to trim it to size.
What is the best thing to do? Throw the plastic away and make one from wood?
I've had a look in shops and online but they all the panels seems to be a standard dimension.
Thanks.

The bath support is supposed to rest on noggins the width of the two feet at each end of the bath to distribute the weight evenly over the floor. 2x3 noggins should raise it to the desired level?

Plastic panels are usually fragile - and they normally bulge into the room taking up space.
Wood is a better solution IMHO

You have a small bathroom then? :-)

Oh, it's a shame it didn't mention that in the instructions! The old bath wasn't supported, so that didn't give me any clue. It could be a bit tricky to lift it at this late stage. The floor should be ok as the bath rests on floor boards and the feet are more or less directly over the joists. Any ideas what to do next?

at
Obviously the feet are adjustable? get the noggins cut and sized...raise one foot(adust) so the noggin can slip under and adjust the foot so that the noggin can be just about moved,raise the other foot and slip the noggin under again adjust the foot so it rest on the noggin. Repeat for the other two feet...level the feet for getting the bath level....job done

Make a wooden one. I made a simple one up from old sheet material I had lying about and added some decorative panel mouldings. http://www.vencel.co.uk/products/decorative/Cameo_Panel_Moulding_Sets_fixing_instructions.asp?Range meo&bread=Panel_Moulding_Sets&DRID&RID=2