spring loaded bath plug seal

Hi,

I have a bath with a kind of plug that stays in place but clicks up or down if you want to seal the plug hole. It has a silver metal top, and has a large rubber washer that fits under the "lid" which makes the water seal. Trouble is the rubber has perished and local plumbers shops seem perplexed offering such gems as "You'll need a completely new waste unit". Well as the bath is completely boxed in, thats no use at all.

Unfortunately I don't have the original packaging or receipt from 8 years ago. The shop I got them from were no use (quote above).

On the plastic moulding is the word WIROUIN but returns almost zero hits on google

Anyone heard of WIROUIN or any experience of these things ?

thanks

Reply to
jives11

I have same and periodically just dab some silicone seealant in the gap that has appeared where rubber seal has opened up at join, as it were.

Works f> Hi,

Reply to
Gel

"jives11" wrote

snip...........

I recently bought a similar two of these for a cloakroom basin. The first one was from Bathstore.com in Hull - took it back as it was unsuitable. The second one I have fitted. No idea if it's the same make as yours - don't remember seeing WIROUIN or whatever anywhere around. Anyway, this one came from Halmshaws in Hull. It is dismantleable IIRC. You could try calling them - Halmshaws in particular are usually helpful

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Thanks, however there is very little washer left. Totally perished . thing is we have so many showers the bath gets little use. hence the washer getting to such an advanced state of disintegration.

Reply to
jives11

Are you sure the tail of the Q hasn't worn off: i.e. WirQuin?

Cheers,

William.

Reply to
William McNicol

In that case might be best to get a removable one on a chain

Reply to
Stuart B

Yep - you are right :

's the Automatic Wastes w/o cable, Quick-Clac

Thanks again

Reply to
jives11

It may yet come to that :)

Reply to
jives11

I have a Franke kitchen sink with a plug like you describe.

As is not impossible that both brands use the same plug manufacturer you can try with Franke spares:

Yuki