Bath panel nonspingy steel 'S' clips - Need suggestions on how they are installed - bath_panel_clip.jpg (0/1)

I purchased a bath from Bathstore UK and its panel appears to be fitted using some quite hard steel 'S' shaped clips

For clips these things are surpisingly unspringly.

Can anyone provide a pointer that could help me understand how they are supposed to be installed, or work?

Pic of the clip attached.

Reply to
Tom

Hi Tom

You will have to post the picture via photobucket.com (or a similar hosting site) and give a link to your photo. You cannot sent attachments to the newsgroup.

Cheers

Adam

PS You can sent attatchments but no-one can see them:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

BIG mistake.

and its panel appears to be

Doubtful.

I thre away everything except the bath itself, and even that was of utter crap quality.

Not on usenet, it aint.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah, understood, here's the tricky little clip:

Tom

I've got the same clips for a B&Q bath. Look for wooden reinforcing pads on the underside of the bath lip - may be 3 or 4 or possibly a continuous wooden strip. Position a clip on one of the wooden pads with the humped part of the clip facing downwards and the screw holes on the inner side. Measure the lips (top and bottom lips) of the path panel and use this

*same measurement plus 1/4"* approximately to position the clip in from the bath's edge. You may need to experiment to achieve the best position depending on how far you want the panel to go inwards. Repeat for the other pads on the bath. Now use a level to position the remaining clips on the floor directly under the top clips but with the 'humps' facing upwards - exactly as in your picture. Assuming that you've positioned the bath at the same height as the panel you should now be able to push the panel into place at the clips.

A bit long-winded to describe but easy when you try as above.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero