Bath panel nonsense.

STWNFI insisted we buy matching bath panels to the vanity unit for our new bathroom suite from Easy Bathrooms.

Came to fit them yesterday and they are too long, called Easy Bathrooms to be told they are a standard size and have to be cut down. On pointing out they have a central design so would have to be cut both ends leaving raw MDF at the corner they said "turn it round and use the plain side then you can just cut one end"

So having paid £171 and £86 respectively for panels with matching design we are expected to just use the plain side, I don't think so!

We also have bifold doors for the airing cupboard on order from Homestyle so Ive now ordered two more in the exact sizes needed for our bath panels @ £75 & £26 respectively.

Result panels that may not match the vanity but will match the airing cupboard. In due course I could have Homestyle doors made for the vanity unit.

As an aside.

Why do vanity unit base cabinets cost four times the cost of kitchen base units?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Sounds like somebody at the company has not thought this through to me I was under the impression all baths came in standard sizes these days, but clearly this cannot be true. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

One would hope that the vanity unit would not be made of a chipboard/MDF substance with the strength of Weetabix when it gets damp/wet - but I doubt it.

Reply to
alan_m

Perhaps oversize panels to get over the common problem of end/corners always being damaged during transit.

Reply to
alan_m

If you seal it with something you may be ok. The Worktops should be sealed both where cut and on the overhang in my view, even where the cuts are later concealed. We had a kitchen fitted and I noticed they sealed the edges were they made a very neat right angle joint before final assembly.

Reply to
Brian