Basin waste top diameter

Hi

I am just about to start a "simple" job of replacing the taps and waste on a cloakroom sink prior to redecorating. I have just noticed that the diameter of the chrome top of the basin waste I have bought is 6cm (2.5/16") whereas the old one is 6.3cm (2.7/16")

I am concerned that the new one will be too small and not fill the hole in the basin. The sink was fitted approx. 27 years ago. Has the standard changed since then or are there different diameters available?

The one I have purchased is a MACDEE 1.1/4" BSP x 3.1/2" tail

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

John

Reply to
John E

Extremely unlikely that the difference in size of the rim will cause any problem at all.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Thanks for the reply, I will try it and see.

Reply to
John E