Basin waste top diameter

Hi
I am just about to start a "simple" job of replacing the taps and waste on a
cloakroom sink prior to redecorating. I have just noticed that the diameter
of the chrome top of the basin waste I have bought is 6cm (2.5/16") whereas
the old one is 6.3cm (2.7/16")
I am concerned that the new one will be too small and not fill the hole in
the basin. The sink was fitted approx. 27 years ago. Has the standard
changed since then or are there different diameters available?
The one I have purchased is a MACDEE 1.1/4" BSP x 3.1/2" tail
Any advice would be appreciated
Thank you
John
Reply to