Bad wallpapering and polystyrene tiles, yuk!

I am currently trying to sell my flat which has been very well decorated apart from a bedroom that has been really badly wallpapered. It's a poor wall underneath and all the irregularities show up, the paper isn't lined up, plus it's lifting off the wall in places. A neighbour did it for me for a favour, gulp! I would like to do something to improve it, but in a short space of time (i.e. 2 or 3 days

- room is 10'8" x 7'3" with high ceilings). Would it be possible to get a decent job by resticking the areas coming away from the wall and papering over? What would be the best paper to use to cover all the blemishes, a heavy duty lining paper and then paint? Any idea's gratefully accepted.

To cap it all the room has old painted polystyrene tiles on the ceiling. I'm asuming their main objective was to cover up cracks, but they look awful. Any ideas on how I could cover them up, bearing in mind I don't really want to lower the ceiling becase it wouldn't be in keeping with the rest of the flat?

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
robgoog

day 1: take the wall paper off and scrape off the polystyrene tiles.

day 2: have the walls and ceiling skimmed.

day 8: paint the walls and ceiling.

Reply to
.