B & Q wind turbines ?

Even more fascinating is the power output.

The Swift is rated at 1500W, at 12.5m/s (about 28 mph).

Given the 'Halve the windspeed, divide output by eight' rule, that gives (all figures approx):

At 6.25m/s (14mph) - 187.5W

At 3.125m/s (7mph) - 23.5W

At the 2.3m/s (5mph) cut-in speed, the output is a trivial, single figure value.

Reply to
kevallsop

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:27:34 GMT someone who may be Roger wrote this:-

The rudeness was in using my surname. It is reassuring when the best people can do is be rude.

Ah, proof by assertion.

Incorrect. There wasn't a country in question at the time, as one had not been stated at that point.

Excellent, more rudeness. Do keep it up.

Excellent, more rudeness. Do keep it up.

Those who discuss individuals, rather than the subject under discussion, tend not to have anything useful to say on the subject under discussion. As they continue to discuss individuals others can make their minds up about the value of their contributions.

Reply to
David Hansen

Huh?

I understood it! I've never known David Hansen to mislead.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Not contesting but I'm not sure about Wales - unlike Scotland I can't remember it having its own kings.

Of course I could be wrong, it has been kown :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Actually; Great Britian consists of England ... which was a country until sacked by the Welsh (Tudor) monarchs then sacked by the Scottish monarchs (Stuarts) .... the "complicated history" ... even elementary haistory ... is a matter of perspective!

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:22:10 -0000 someone who may be "Mary Fisher" wrote this:-

Having kings does not make a country. Wales had a different approach to such matters, though it did have leaders.

I have yet to meet the perfect person (and I hope I never do). Those who have never made a mistake have never made anything else.

Reply to
David Hansen

So, you're a hypocrite as well as a tosser.

Reply to
Huge

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:58:52 GMT someone who may be "Brian Sharrock" wrote this:-

The latter didn't last too long. The current royal family are a mixture of Germans, Greeks and Scots.

Reply to
David Hansen

So deep fried gyros with sauerkraut for Christmas lunch then?

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from David Hansen contains these words:

Nothing rude in that to anyone of my generation. OTOH endless complaints about rudeness is of itself rude.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. As already established North Berwick is not in the South half of the UK and hasn't been in England, North or South, since Harold got an arrow in his eye.

Are you really so dumb that you did not appreciate that placing London within the country in question established it as either England or the UK?

As long as you carry on like an infant you will continue to be treated like one. Snipping inconvenient passages out of your reply and ignoring their content is typical of infantile behaviour.

So why not direct your attention to the inconvenient facts you ignored rather than trying to impress Mary Fisher with you smokescreen. Just to recap:

"

Pet stated:

"Indeed they do, and the video footage on their site looks quite impressive, but there isn't anyone in the southern half of the country that has one mounted in a domestic or commercial enviroment (except a tower block in London) and they wouldn't give me any information on customers that had them installed on the side of their house who I could contact with regards to associated noise/vibration etc."

Now London is undoubtedly in England as well as the UK so it doesn't actually matter which Pet intended but just as undoubtedly London is not in Scotland.

"
Reply to
Roger

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

No? Deliberately truncating someone elses post to suggest that he was incorrect is not misleading?

Reply to
Roger

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

AFAIK Wales has never been a united independent country. In the days when the Romans overran it it was ruled (as was the rest of the British Isles) by local chieftains. Some Welsh rulers may have come close to uniting Wales but they usually acknowledged the overlordship of an English ruler or got thumped for their presumption.

Reply to
Roger

That's curious. When I went to school, it was perfectly normal that masters used surnames as did colleagues, and nobody thought that was rude.

Mind you, it was a boys school....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Perhaps we should do as Dave Liquorice does and call everyone 'Mr'? Dunno what he calls Mary, though. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Duke of Edinburgh is reported to be very fond of his glass-lidded electric frying pan.

I suppose such naffness in the ruling classes is "eccentricity"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Wouldn't have worked at my school - 45% Joneses and 45% Evanses.

Mine was co-ed, but we weren't allowed to share playgrounds or canteen.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Mr. ?

Reply to
Andy Hall

What about the Thomases and the Parrys?

I should think not.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Poor old buffer...

I did see a TV documentary once with some footage of breakfast at one of the royal residences with Queenie pouring cornflakes out of a pale blue Tupperware container.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes; but that doesn't refute your original contention that Wales and/or Scotland were somehow plundered by the English when it was actually Welsh, then later Scot, monarchs who took over the English throne! BTW, what was the exchange rate for a Scottish Pound wrt the English Pound prior to the Act of Union?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock