B & Q wind turbines ?

Somewhere east of Ipswich, I think.

China.

Reply to
Autolycus

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:33:16 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave Liquorice" wrote this:-

Really.

Swift claim less than 35dB for all wind speeds, which is the sort of levels at night in rural areas and somewhat below planning guidelines for night time noise. They point particularly to the ring diffuser and five bladed design.

Reply to
David Hansen

Yes, I've heard them with my own ears. Not doing a Drivel by quoting marketing puff. Several different designs/makes and models as well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Nice idea but the best place for the turbine might be some distance from the house. The issue would be transferring either the mechanical energy to the house or the heated water to the house. Thinking more about this, a heat pump might be a better idea but again you have to get the heat from the turbine to the house.

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D.Smith

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:46:26 -0000 someone who may be "Mary Fisher" wrote this:-

has two video clips of one design in action, taken from BBC programmes.

Reply to
David Hansen

Indeed they do, and the video footage on their site looks quite impressive, but there isn't anyone in the southern half of the country that has one mounted in a domestic or commercial enviroment (except a tower block in London) and they wouldn't give me any information on customers that had them installed on the side of their house who I could contact with regards to associated noise/vibration etc.

Doesn't look too good when that's the case.

:¬(

Reply to
PeTe33

Must be something wrong with my equipment, I get a very disjointed video.

It worked for a home video this morning but couldn't possibly be a fault anywhere else :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I can't hear most 35dB at any time ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

There is a Windsave one on the roof of Weston-super-Mare Town Hall (3 story building). When the wind blows is makes a lot of noise. You would not want one one your house! Another post discussed this at length.

Reply to
seaside01

In which I said that when we were considering it we intended having it fixed to our garage.

Trucks make a lot of noise, kids make a lot of noise, my cockerel makes a lot of noise ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:31:12 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave Liquorice" wrote this:-

I note that you failed to tell us whether you have heard the model I referred to. I'll take it that you haven't.

You also appear to be under the misapprehension that you are the only one who has heard these devices. Fascinating.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:09:31 GMT someone who may be "Pet @

;¬)" wrote this:-

The one in the video on their site is in North Berwick, which is in the southern half of the country.

Reply to
David Hansen

But generally not at a sustained level and for extended (many hours to days at a time) periods. The wind noise around the house here when it's F7 or above gets decidedly "wearing" after 6 hrs. Boy, is it nice when the front comes through and the wind drops.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

So in your case a wind powered generator would probably work :-) If you're suffering from the wind you might as well put it to good use, you're already being disturbed by the noise.

Traffic noise does continue almost the clock round for very many people, sadly.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What you need then is a large microphone connected to a battery. Probably work as well as most wind turbines.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from David Hansen contains these words:

Typical Hansen. Out to mislead as usual.

North Berwick isn't in the southern half of the country. It is in the Southern half of Scotland.

Reply to
Roger

?

The country of Scotland!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Correct...but designed to mislead, as with so much greenwash.

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:45:07 GMT someone who may be Roger wrote this:-

Excellent, an attempt to be rude.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Correct.

Those that take a little time to study UK know that the UK consists of two countries (England and Scotland), a principality (Wales, which was a country until sacked by the English and may become a country again one day) and a province (Northern Ireland, the complicated history of which is another discussion). All this is elementary history.

Next contestant please.

Reply to
David Hansen

The message from David Hansen contains these words:

Stating the truth unlike you. It is not rude to tell the truth.

No. All we need to do is to look at the context to see how devious you are.

Liar.

Which isn't the country in question.

Just to recap.

Pet stated:

"Indeed they do, and the video footage on their site looks quite impressive, but there isn't anyone in the southern half of the country that has one mounted in a domestic or commercial enviroment (except a tower block in London) and they wouldn't give me any information on customers that had them installed on the side of their house who I could contact with regards to associated noise/vibration etc."

Now London is undoubtedly in England as well as the UK so it doesn't actually matter which Pet intended but just as undoubtedly London is not in Scotland.

So what did devious Hansen do. He quoted only part of Pets message:

">Indeed they do, and the video footage on their site looks quite

The one in the video on their site is in North Berwick, which is in the southern half of the country."

Thus implying that Pet had been lying when in reality the boot was very much on the other foot.

The history of the UK is a good deal more complicated than that.

Infantile humour from an infantile mind. If you want to be taken seriously you need to stop being so devious.

Reply to
Roger