B&Q prices

I went to get some 100mm ducting. =A31.68 for a piece of white plastic pipe. The shop was out, so they said they could order it and I could pick it up tomorrow. Fine.

The next day, the pipe turned up at my house. I don't know how much they pay UPS for delivery, but they must have spent nearly =A31.68 on the cardboard + sticky tape!

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Toolstation already have (had?) that, although it isn't sent to the branch for pre-picking.

Last summer I just filled my basket online, selected collect from local branch and it gave me a five or six character code at the top of a list of bits I had ordered, I called at a branch a couple of hours later, they keyed the code into the counter terminal and it printed them a picking list with all the shelf locations.

All my details were on the screen, all they needed was payment.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Yeah that'd be good. They do offer a 'call and collect' over the phone which whilst a bit of a pain reading the codes out etc it does allow me to avoid the all-too-common situation of them being out of stock of the most wanted item on my list, as long as I phone the day before I'm going to collect.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

In message , Tinkerer writes

Not an Armstrong 521 by any chance?

Reply to
James Noble

I hadn't noticed until today that there is a Toolstation near me (can't have been open long it still looks pretty new inside).

Industrial estate locationm, so light traffic around it at weekend Parking within feet of the door Sells what you want, rather than what they think you'll buy instead Actually have stuff in stock Served within seconds No milling hordes clogging the place up Decent prices

What a difference from the DIY sheds! Certainly will be my first port of call from now on for anything in their catalogue ...

Reply to
Andy Burns