B&Q - grr

I wanted a small amount of plasterboard to fill in the holes left by some downlighters I've moved. Normally I get such things from Wicks - but I didn't want a full sheet and I'd seen small - about 2x4' sheets - in B&Q.

So killed two birds with a trip to the tip followed by B&Q which is opposite.

Got the board which had no barcode so can't use the self service and queue up. To get a confused assistant since there's no barcode. Rather than look it up he asked around and eventually one guy gave him a code.

3.98. Thought that was high and queried it. No - it was correct. With a queue behind me I paid up - but went back to check the price on the shelf. 2.48. Went back to complain. Told I'd have to go to the refund section. Go there and queue up. Four assistants dealing with one person. Eventually one of them serves me. Wanted to just take the goods back and give me a refund. Not much use - as I'd have to go through the whole thing again. Then she left me to go back to helping the other three with that single customer...

So I'm 1.50 out of pocket. Think I now know why so many steal from them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The moral of the story is... Grab the pieces of PB outta the skip when you see em,come in handy for small repairs. :-)

Reply to
George

I had very pleasant experience at ASDA the other day. Felix cat food pouches "buy one get one free" so I bought 8 packets and took another 8 for free. The checkout did not give me the BOGOF. The cashier asked me to go to the service desk, within 5 minutes I had my money refunded and an apology.

A confused assistant in B&Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try any of the 2 open aisles (28 are closed) to find one. You are then onto a 50/50 chance of dropping on a confused assistant. The proper staff are not allowed near a till.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth wrote

But did they correct the till system for the other hundreds of customers following you?

Reply to
Alan

Alan,

Why would they do that? Presumably the BOGOF clearly said "buy one get one free" so he could quite legitmately have bought half the stock on the shelf and got the other half free (notwithstanding the Invitation to Treat proviso that the store could used to prevent that situation).

I would suggest that either the computer had not been programmed for the BOGOF or the BOGOF itself was wrongly labelled for that product (and ASDA has procedured for situations like that to keep the customer happy).

I'll pop over to my local Asda tomorrow to see if that offer applies there - and if it does, pick up a few packets for my tiger (sorry cat, but the damn thing tears lumps out of me). :-)

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

Alan,

Ignore that last post - I misread your reply to Adam. That what 40 years of married life does to a man. :-(

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

Absolutely - and I took a detour when out with the dog this morning. Not a skip anywhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do you normally skip when out and about with the dog? ;-)

Reply to
George

I bet if I took something out a a rubbish skip some oik would come running out and accuse me of stealing it. He may be right! I must go under cover of darkness :-)

Reply to
dave

Yes, they removed the BOGOF signs from the cat food.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You wouldn't be able to do that before 7am. Their "service desk" doesn't keep the same hours as the (24-hour) store.

Reply to
Graz

In article , ARWadsworth writes

Did they give you your 2quid credit on a gift card for their error, that's standard practice at my local one. Fair compensation for the inconvenience & the department where the error is gets it in the neck for costing the company money.

Did the cat turn its nose up as it wasn't full price (they know you know . . . )

Reply to
fred

No £2 compensation. The error was due to the fact that the special offer that was displayed on the shelf should have been removed 24 hours earlier.

Of course the cats know. And if they do not eat it they will get tinned Aldi stuff to refuse instead!

I also phoned "Felix/Purina" last year to complain about a number of pouches that had swelled up and were about to burst. Again I got a positive response. Not only was it a freephone number, the person at the other end simply took the best before date and another code no. from the box asked how many pouches were faulty and I received £8 of vouchers.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , ARWadsworth writes

That's usually enough at my local place, one of the reasons I use them.

Reply to
fred

Surely they can legitimately deny you 8 free ones? 8 is not equal to 1.

"Buy one get one free" is exactly that. ONE. As soon as you buy two you're no longer buying one...

Reply to
~misfit~