Repairing hole in floor tile

You could try mixing kids' powder paint with the filler before the catalyst is added, but it might thicken it too much

Reply to
stuart noble

I don't know how it happened, but I've just discovered a neat penny-sized hole in one of our ceramic kitchen floor tiles, almost like it's been punched out. There's no damage to the surrounding area of tile, and as it's not too conspicuous, I'd like to repair the hole rather than try to replace the whole tile (which I'm sure would be a sod to do and probably end up more noticeable anyway). It obviously needs doing soon, as the edge of the hole will quickly get broken away and the whole tile will be trashed.

How best to do this? I'm thinking good old car body filler; except for the colour - these tiles are dark green so I'd like to match it as close as possible: even something completely black would be better than normal body-filler colour.

Needs to be a tough repair as it's in an area where a chair leg may well end up on top of it...

Any suggestions please?

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

If you have a hole you are half way to replacing the tile anyway.

Score the grout all round & chisel from the inside to the outside, its not a difficult job.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Another problem is accurate colour matching - the colour when cured will be quite different from the wet mix. I doubt too that standard car body filler will be up to the wear and tear - JB Weld would be a better bet, though you might want to consider some sort of plug with which to fill the hole.

You can use acrylic paint to stain epoxy resins ( Araldite, Plastic Padding et al ).

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard