B&Q Old Fart Club

Needing some supplies soon, and being an Old Fart, I applied online to join the B&Q Club, for Discount Wednesday. Have had a couple of e-mails quoting my club number, and urging me to buy stuff, but how does it work in practice? I vaguely thought I would receive a plastic card to present at the checkout, but apparently not. Do I just print out an e-mail with my number on, and take that to the checkout?

Reply to
Graeme

I got mine at the checkout, as I recall. They gacve it to me on the spot, I filled in the form and they sent it off.

I definitely use a card.

I thought this might be on a different topic. My wife is a B&Q Old Fart; she worked for them for about a year, starting April 1979!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I suggest you check if you are in the [right] Club ;)

The B&Q Club is open to all and AIUI does not come with a plastic card - at least, I didn't get one when I joined online. You can print your own. And you mostly get email offers.

The B&Q Diamond Club does have a card and AIUI you can only join by picking up a card in a store or getting someone to do it for you.

Reply to
Robin

Well, it gets me discounts on Wednesdays!

Reply to
Bob Eager

They should be giving you a plastic card. Ask for one next time you go there.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The Trade Card and the old fart card seem to have merged in some way. I have a card.

TMH

In message , TMH writes

Thanks all. I'm told we're going to B&Q tomorrow, so will take an e-mail print out and see what they have to say.

Reply to
Graeme

Graeme, who wears the trousers in your family?

Reply to
mechanic

I'll ask the boss :-)

I'm now told the trip has been cancelled, but that is OK, as it is a beautiful sunny day, and I have other stuff to do.

Reply to
Graeme