Avoiding hed base rot

Hi

If I sit a wood framed shed onto paving slabs laid on the ground, whats the best way to stop or reduce rot of the sole plate? Will use tanaliased wood, but where it touches the slabs there wont be any air movement.

I dont really want another type of base as time will be very short on this one.

thanks, NT

Reply to
meow2222

Buy a roll of DPC and sit it on that.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Build it off the ground supported on piles of brick or concrete.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Sit it on loose cross members that have been tanalised, that way, the air can circulate.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Similar: build it in a paddling pool. If it's on DPM then trapped water can't escape, you're better off just laying it on slabs (a poor method in itself).

Reply to
Chris Bacon

That is also OK.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Apologies for the double-barrel: you could then sit use DPM (or off- cuts of roofing felt) on the bearers, under the "base".

Reply to
Chris Bacon

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com expressed precisely :

Raise the hut base on bricks, blocks or etc. .. In fact anything impervious to water which lift it above the water which is bound to collect on the slabs. Movement of air is underneath is also important.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The message from Harry Bloomfield contains these words:

Remember to leave gaps for the hedgehogs to get in an out of the void underneath.

Reply to
Guy King

LOL

Paranoid as you are, just who is this man behind the curtain?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The message from Dave contains these words:

You've not had to sit through Wizard of Oz recently, have you?

Reply to
Guy King

OK I get that - but why Skipweasel?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

Oh, I was (and occasionally still am) known for finding interesting things in skips.

Reply to
Guy King

boo hoo, usenet isnt revolving around me today. Just beacuse I asked a question I expect everyone to think about me and me alone. If you dont, I'll have to complain that its off topic or unhelpful. I've been inexplicably sucked into a thought vortex where only I count.

NT :)

Reply to
meow2222