Auto defrost freezer doesn't

I have a cheap cabinet freezer that's supposed to auto-defrost but it doesn't do that anymore. Is there anything I can look at with a view to fixing it? Or is it time to replace it? TIA.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Possibly a drain hole blocked with ice or food from a open packet? Try a complete manual defrost after first removing the contents.

Reply to
alan_m

Frost free or conventional? Frost free is expected to defrost on auto. Conventional will need a manual defrost.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Mr Pounder Esquire" snipped-for-privacy@RationalThought.com wrote in news:pu0ohm $pc3$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Many have a motor driven timer to turn on a heater for 20 mins every 8 hours or similar. They can fail

Reply to
DerbyBorn

"Mr Pounder Esquire" snipped-for-privacy@RationalThought.com wrote in news:pu0ohm $pc3$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

DerbyBorn

most common cause is more ice on the evaporator than it can melt in one go. Solution is to unplug it & leave it open for 2 or 3 days.

Next time get a sensible freezer.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr