Audio Amp

My TV in the kitchen has no sound so I use a Tandy 5 watt x 2 free standing stereo amp with 3 inputs. . It is about 15 years old and has developed a fault.

Any one know of a similar amp. I have looked at the main web sites for currys etc but i appear nothing like it is sold nowadays.

Thanks

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Gary, have you tried Maplins?

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

buy one of thos modular hifi bricks from the 90's usally to be had at any car boot sal for less than a fiver

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Gary :

Difficult to tell without more information. Have you considered using PC speakers?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

CPC do a variety of amps for background music applications that might fit need.

PC speakers is an easy and low cost solution to radio`s that aren`t quite loud enough.

Denon PMA250 are a common S/H find and a great tough amp, have 3 of them in use in places.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

What sort of fault? If you have a modicum of soldering skills it might be repairable.

You won't find things like that in Currys. Maplin is the simplist common retail outlet. I'd look at what CPC has to offer as it'll almost certainly be cheaper than Maplin.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If it's from the mid 90s, it's probably repairable. Failing that, as others have said, use powered speakers or buy a couple of power amp modules from Maplin and put them in a box with a power supply.

Or repair the TV set.

Reply to
John Williamson

You haven't mentioned a budget. For instance

in at a 5p under £80.

Also look at Soundbars:

slightly cheaper but if you already have a pair of speakers then the amp will give you much better sound.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Owain

Cheap powered speakers will probably do the job, and they even do them in currys..

will probably get them cheaper elsewhere though.

Reply to
dennis

comes in at a 5p under £80.

Hundreds of amplifiers on eBay;

+ £10 P&P.

Reply to
Huge

Gary wrote on Apr 17, 2012:

'Richer Sounds' sell a variety of 'Hi-Fi' amplifiers:

Reply to
Mike Lane

ask on freecycle

Reply to
NT

Thanks for the help My TV is a LG 24" HD and the sound is crap. I use an amp and a pair of Sony profeel speakers. ( Old but good). I don't need power just quality. Te TV has not got external speakers output so I cannot use the TV sound. PC speakers are not a match for these, it is just an amp I need.

Richer sounds look Good also Ebay may be worth a shot. I dont want to spend a lot. Gary

Reply to
Gary