Attic Insulation

When insulating an attic in a dormer conversion, should I use a vapour barrier??.

What would you suggest as a vapour barrier??

thanks Dave

Reply to
Dave Walsh

the foil that comes stuck to the sheets of insulation! Use some ali tape to cover the joins on the inside before you plasterboard.

Reply to
John Rumm

If its not *that* kind of insulation then use foiil backed plaster board.

You do need a vapour barrier or your rafters will get damp!

Reply to
Zip 1

Thanks for the replies folks

What should I use as a vapour barrier?? Polythene sheeting???.

Dave W.

Reply to
Dave Walsh

Aluminium foil on the insulation (celotex) or foil backed plaster board is the best vapour barrier. You could use plastic sheets, but why if you are gona plasterboard any way?

Reply to
Zip 1