Attempted Break In!!

Having written what I did, my PIR lights and a loud voice might make them go away. I can speak *very* loud.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

But if I am away from home to the tune of 266 miles at our daughters, what is the use? Even ten minutes away will be enough for the scroats to get away with what they want.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

hurry a

'Cause they get the call from the monitoring company and IIRC they will have established via multiple sensor triggers and listening and these days maybe even seeing what is going on. The contract with the monitoring company will also ensure the maintenance is done.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Cash

Reply to
geoff

I suppose you could try two very large speakers each generating 150 decibels or more. One generates a sine wave of 40 Hz and the other a sine wave of 30 Hz. The noise from each will be deafening enough but the 10 Hz beat frequency will be gut busting to defaecation point. The police merely have to follow the smell!

Roger Dewhurst

Sounds like the ideal application for an electric fencer.

If anyone complains say you thought it would deter slugs.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Electric fences don't deter chavs, they just annoy or even attract them.

Although the perimeter fence wires by the allotment were put in on insulators, just in case 8-)

Maybe I need a pulser that delivers a few kV on the first jolt, then drops to an innocent 50V afterwards, or if it detects blue flashing lights.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Who knows? Planners are a law unto themselves.

Reply to
Appin

The message from Roger Dewhurst contains these words:

Lists reach their best when debating methods of dealing with persons one doesn't really like :-) Interesting with a big amp controlled from PIR detectors via a relay.

Reply to
Appin

So just exactly is involved in "maintaining" an alarm, apart from testing that it works and replacing batteries?

Has always sounded like a bit of a con to me.

Reply to
DavidM

Probably fixing all the cables that have been damaged by poor routing when installed if many of the pro installations I've seen are to go by. Otherwise precisely nothing, like most things electronic.

Indeed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not quite nothing the backup batteries don't last forever and as only a user you won't know it's not going to maintain the system unless you get a power cut when you are there and notice the failure.

Admitedly there isn't much else to do with a properly installed system. Checking all the senors are still working and are dust and wild life free might be done but I doubt the latter if a walk test shows them functional.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Assuming you are in a good enough coverage area to use the web. Texts get through when voice/data is unuseable.

I wouldn't use 999 I'd call the local station direct, the local Police mobile or the 0845 number only then 999 if those three didn't work. The first probably wouldn't, the second would most of the time, the third should.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It is.

Testing it still works.

Replacing large chunks of it if you find that it doesn't.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I'm also concerned that giving electric shocks to misfit chavs might give them terrifying superpowers....

(This makes more sense if you watch TV on Thursdays)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember JTM saying something like:

And also the copper's laundry bill.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon