Attaching post to screed

Hi, I'm working on a barn conversion in my garden and about to install

2X 100mm posts to support double joists in preparation for a staricase.

I'd like to fiind something to secure the timber to the screed. All I can find is a rather ugly contraption that's sold in garden centres for fence supports and requires bolts up the side to tighten the post.

Any ideas what else I might use?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mowatt

The message from "Jeff Mowatt" contains these words:

If you know anyone with a welder - ask 'em to make you up a bracket to suit. Most people with welders also have a pile of bits of old metal which can be pressed into service.

Reply to
Guy King

A stihlsaw! Cut out an inch or two deep and set them into the screed, fill in later with a strong mix, they'll never budge.

Reply to
Phil L