ariel F connector to co-ax

I just unpacked and assembled a TV antennae from Maplin and of course then realised the thing has an "F socket" (threaded) on it - not a good old coax.

I could call Maplin and ask if they sell an adaptor but as I'd like to get a real answer before driving all the way back there - does anyone know if such an adaptor exists - or so I have to get a F plug and solder it on in the gloom of my loft :-(

Reply to
dave

For sure: eg have a look at ebay item 200218320772 - yours for 99p delivered.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Or you could have looked at their website. A 30 second search ('adaptor' into 'TV and Satellite') yields QQ71N. You can even check stock at your local branch.

It's not entirely clear from your post, but you might want QQ72 instead...

Please try harder next time! :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Bless you oh lobster person :-) (thanks)

Reply to
dave

In article , dave scribeth thus

Most all F plugs are screw or crimp on, don't recall ever seeing a soldered one!;...

Reply to
tony sayer

10p worth of screw on F connector can be fitted in moments and with no soldering. Failing that, adaptors are available.
Reply to
John Rumm

F plugs don't need soldering - that's the beauty of them. They use the centre conductor as the 'pin' and just screw on round the braid which is folded back over the outer.

Far better to fit one than use an adaptor from Belling Lee to one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

F plugs screw or crimp, no soldering required.

dennis

In message , dave wrote

F plugs twist on - the centre connector of the wire is the pin. You should have got a F plug with your aerial. The last time I purchased F plugs they were around 15p each.

a new aerial for digital TV make sure that the downlead is a decent quality CT100 (or equivalent) with 100% copper screening.

Alan