Are Rolec 13A socket "pods" available anywhere other than Rolec?

Their £8.50 "standard" delivery charge is a bit of a rip-off so I'd prefer to find a retailer.

Reply to
nospam

Electricbase and Rexelenergysolutions appear to stock Rolec stuff.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You know, no matter how well designed, I'd feel somewhat uneasy putting a 13A socket and a garden tap in different compartments of a "pod"

Reply to
Andy Burns

I would agree, but in this case it's a PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric vehicle) charging point. The top "pod" has an RCD in it and the bottom "pod" is blank. Inside the box is a contactor and a protocol controller that talks to the car to establish the charge rate. It seems daft to have a blank pod and a 13A socket would be useful, hence the decision to make a few changes. I'll add a suitable MCB and contactor in the spare space in the box and a 13A socket "pod" where the current blank is.

Reply to
nospam

Could you fix a panel socket into the existing blank pod? eg MK 735 WHI

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, there isn't a waterproof cover on the blank pod. I could mount a standard IP65 socket on the front plate but it wouldn't look great.

Reply to
nospam

I couldn't find anywhere else and, to my surprise, they offered cheaper shipping.

Reply to
nospam