Are "empty" consumer units shell available?

I (somehow) have enough genuine parts to build an additional consumer unit. A few DP switches, RCD and mcb's, D rail and bus-bar copper links. They are all Contacum. Trouble is I have no empty shell to mount them all in. Any info where one can can obtained? Even the ebay ones have switches etc. Thanks.

Reply to
dave

TLC Direct?

An expert will be along shortly

Reply to
TMC

Ah they are good for this stufff - but afaik see only sell the cu's with both DP isolator and RCD fitted. (I should have said wish to build a split load CU).

Reply to
dave

The empty shell may well be available - but you may need to ask specially at a trade counter.

but really, I doubt that it would save that much instead of buying a unit with just the DP switch and busbar.

Eg an 8 way CU with 100A DP switch £15 +vat:

Though these seem to be advertised as 'New' and they have an older rnage out of stock -does your stuff fit these?

Reply to
chris French

Loads.

Baz

Most come with at least a DP main switch... but since that is a very small part of the total cost, you could class that as pretty much "empty".

Reply to
John Rumm

Bingo! Thanks vm Baz.

Reply to
dave

A split load CU without the RCD to all intents and purposes *is* a non split main switch CU. I.e. even buying a split load one, you still need to cut the busbar yourself to choose your split position.

(although to be fair, you may get a different set of stick on labels)

Reply to
John Rumm

I doubt most wholesalers would stock an empty CU due to the lack of demand.

Although my wholesalers will take out the DP switch before selling you the CU if you ask nicely.

Reply to
ARWadsworth