Architects playpen

New estate near me. Have a look at;

The horizontal cladding is uPVC.

The green vertical cladding is 9mm ply with 3" x 3" PAR softwood screwed on (screw heads exposed), then painted.

Can't imagine what that will look like in 10 years time, or how long it will take to rub down & re paint?

The huge triangular windows are not mirrored glass & you can see into the master bedroom from outside. Heaven knows what bespoke blinds for those will cost.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Lots of the neighbouring houses have an array of protruding headers, they'll look lovely covered in bird shit and make a nice climbing wall for kids or burglars ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Where is it, exactly? Looks exposed too...

Reply to
Bob Eager

The other week on Grand Designs even Kevin was taking the piss about lack of any window obscuration (blinds, curtains, etc.). That house was right by a public footpath - viewable whilst having a shower. Not 100% sure what could be seen from outside. And all this at the same time as quite a bit of research going on into the effects of light at night, even fairly modest levels while asleep. The research seems to suggest light is a "bad thing".

Reply to
polygonum

From the GPS coordinates at the bottom of the picture

Elliotts Way Chatham, England

These are the developers,

Plot 59 sold but plans of a similar Aveley build

'Winner of the RIBA Housing Design Awards 2014'

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

clue in the long and lat ...

Andy Burns

I've seen a fairly new house (obviously very expensive) in Derbyshire which has a bath and a bog right next to the full-length triangular window, with a public bridleway only a few metres away.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Perhaps that's the "show" bathroom, that the owners never actually use - like the glossy kitchen with an aga.

Or it's so they can sit in the bath and the neighbours can admire their lifts-and-tucks.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

HOW MUCH?!? (yeah yeah I know -- Kent...) And it's a TINY, ?400K shithole, what's more. No garage, maybe a parking space??? Just one tiny part of the national scandal that's the UK's housing market.

..... Dave -- I don't like browsing other people's photostreams, but I went one back from Chez Shite -- love the double socket there! 8-D

J.

Reply to
Another John

Nice idea but there aren't any neighbours within a mile or two in the relevant direction.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Phil L wrote

Slippery slope

A HOUSING developer which has permission for 106 new homes near Gorseinon has applied to build them without meeting specific green credentials. Barratt Homes South Wales said the Welsh Government had removed the requirement for Code for Sustainable Homes assessments for new homes in Wales since adopting new building regulation

Reply to
Jabba

The Medway Handyman wrote

Will they be building similar s**te in Peter's Pit?

Reply to
Jabba

On 13/09/2014 17:19, Mike Barnes wrote: ...

Perhaps it is fitted with smart glass, which can change between clear and opaque.

Reply to
Nightjar

"Nightjar

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Just ramblers, horse riders and cyclists. It's a public right of way running close to the window.

Reply to
John Williamson

Soon as I saw 'Horsted Park'...I knew...on top of the hill near the motorway and the retail park. My wife used to work within a few metres of that house...used to be part of the Medway FE college. Almost exactly where her office was.

Reply to
Bob Eager

WTF - looks like a farmers milking parlour.

Reply to
Tim Watts

A decent milking parlour would be an improvement. Form and function and all that.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Obviously brought up on Play School from how you describe it.

And now we are going to look through the triangular window... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Usual half-arsed stuff: "Sustainable" isn't entirely eco. It includes a load about future modifications to allow people to stay in a house in old age or after suffering life changing disability - being able to convert downstairs loos into shower rooms and the like.

Reply to
Scott M