Apprentice humour

Ah, but we used Amp plugs and the boxes were all labelled AMP. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The most disgusting ,sor tof one was the eterm for female sanitory products, ie to stop the blood. Yes you guessed it Man hole covers. Yuck. We humans can be gross sometimes. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You really do talk rubbish.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I believe that when the late Rachael Heyhoe Flint, captain of the UK women's cricket team 1966-78, was being interviewed on the radio or TV at that time, and was asked whether women wore any protective item of clothing equivalent to the male cricketer's 'box', she retorted, rather acidly, 'what do you think we wear? A manhole cover?'.

Seems like my memory isn't too bad after all!

Chris Hogg

Quite.

Absolutely ... and we were quite a good team ... the fact that we had all stayed together probably proved that (apart from those one or two who moved away for pastures new etc).

Quite possibly!

We took on a marketing manager under such a system. No one liked him and we eventually had to pay him off (£100k or so) to get rid of him as he was pulling everone else down AND not doing the sort of numbers he promised.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Just more in touch with reality than you.

Reply to
Richard

I've told this before. In our workshop, we used to take a student per year from the local technical college for work experience. Each year the same tutor brought them in to introduce them. Most were excellent.

Then, the last year, he turned up looking very embarrassed, saying he had been ordered to place someone not from a technical course, but from their dance department.

So we ended up with a nice young lady who fitted in OK apart from a tendency to spend extended lunch hours in the shops.

We taught her to solder and she made some useful test boxes for us. I think we were told that eventually she joined a dance troupe bound for Egypt. I've often wondered what became of her and whether she found the training useful.

Reply to
Bill

But its far from clear that doing it that way does eliminate or even reduce the number of unsuitable types recruited. That?s why it?s a much better approach to have a probationary period as well.

Reply to
Aaron

Well a verbal warning must be put in writing.

Reply to
bert

Which isn't difficult.

Reply to